Monday, August 21, 2006

Wow


So I'm traveling right now. Driving from Montreal to Manitoba for YWAM Canada's national conference. I find myself in the passenger seat, with a full stomach after a late dinner in Cochrane,Ontario. Yes, that's right, we are taking the north road (transcanada). So now it is late, and we are on the long stretch between Cochrane and Thunder bay. Night has fallen, and my co-passengers are drifting off (except the driver of course). But I had to pull out my laptop to write. Why? you ask. Well you see, we were just blessed with a magnificent viewing of the northern lights. I have never seen them so clearly or so long. They were straight in front of us on an extremely straight highway, so even the driver could fully apreciate the beauty of the show.
Just watching them dance and swirl, twist, spread out, come together, all together with Tom Waits crooning in the background. It lead me to once again be marveled at God. To witness the beauty of His creativity, in a display that few ever get to truly witness. I wish you could have been here to share in this moment (Certain yous more then others[no offense meant to anyone]).
Good night then.....

3 Comments:

At 5:31 PM, Blogger bMC said...

Someone who hasn't yet seen the northern lights can have my spot. That's how great of a guy I am.

 
At 2:17 AM, Blogger Angela Oliver said...

hey ben
our crew were so hoping they'd get to see northern lights on the way home, and didn't get too - we should have sent them with you...
did you take that picture? it's amazing!

anyways, we had a great time hanging out with you.

later...
angela

 
At 3:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow.
I haven't see the northern lights in a few years... silly living this far south... I'm glad that you got to see them too, as they are incredible! :) it makes me smile.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home